7 Reasons To Get A 3D/4D Ultrasound
Ultrasounds are usually given to expectant mothers at least once during the pregnancy. These tests are considered to be safe for both mother and baby and allow medical professionals to get a clearer picture of the baby’s development. Most ultrasounds are 2D, but there may be reasons why a 3D/4D ultrasound is a better idea. 3D ultrasounds are a 3-dimensional black and white picture of your baby, while 4D ultrasounds are videos future parents can see the baby in various angles. The best time to have a 3D/4D ultrasound is between 16 and 36 weeks of pregnancy. Here are 7 reasons why you may want to get a 3D/4D ultrasound.
- To Reduce Emotional Stress On Mother- Expectant mothers who are overly stressed and excited to see there unborn. A 3D/4D ultrasound in Brooklyn will allow parents to see that their baby is healthy and developing normally may ease the stress during the rest of the pregnancy.
- To Definitely Confirm Baby’s Location- Most pregnancies that occur outside of the uterus are known within the first trimester. However, a 3d/4d ultrasound during the 16th or 17th week can help make certain of the babies location in cases where there may be some doubt.
- To Better Determine the Sex of the Baby- There are times when medical professionals find that knowing the sex of the baby can help prepare parents for what is to come. Since 3D/4D ultrasounds give a clearer view of the infant’s body parts such an ultrasound may make it easier to determine the baby’s sex.
- Check and Record Heartbeat- When performing a 3D ultrasound the technician can not only check the babies heartbeat but also record it.
- Get A Stuffed Toy – many 3D/4D Ultrasound studios provide a recording of unborn babies heartbeat. Parents have the option to purchase a stuffed toy of their liking based on gender. Some of the options could a Bear, Giraffe, or an Elephant.
- Sharing With Distant Fathers- With so many men in the military and far away from a home a 3D/4D ultrasound will allow for the father to share in the pregnancy and the development of their soon to be infant. This may help to create a bond before the infant is ever born.
- A Keepsake Photo – having a 3D keepsake photo or a 4D video of your babies movements before birth is great reasons to have a 3D/4D ultrasound. Creating a photo album or sharing photos with parents and friends.
Keep in mind that in most cases, medical facilities do not offer 3D/4D ultrasounds unless they feel there is a compelling reason to do so. Insurance doesn’t cover a 3D/4D Ultrasound. Parents can get a 3D/4D Ultrasound by purchasing packages that will suit there budget and needs.
Check out our 3D/4D Ultrasound Studio in Brooklyn, New York for more detail.