Are 3D/4D Ultrasounds Safe?
Many of the parents crave to know about the unborn baby in the mother’s womb during pregnancy. Pregnancy ultrasound scan that is 4D ultrasound and 3D ultrasound allows the impatient parents to have a glance into the womb. Pregnancy ultrasound are performed by Sonographers utilizing ultrasound equipment.
- Ultrasound during pregnancy reveals many details about the baby:• Health of the heart of the baby
- Size of the baby
- The condition of the other organs of the baby like the brain, kidney, spine and how they are growing
- Anticipated date of birth
- The pictures move on the computer screen and it almost looks like a movie.
Are 3D/4D Ultrasound Safe?
Both 3D and 4D scans are as equally safe as compared any 2D scan since ultrasound scans, do not carry any form of radiation.
The only risk is the raised temperature. It is known scientific fact that the sound waves cause rise in temperature among the tissues they pass through. This rise in temperature depends on the acoustic power and the duration of the scan. There is enough solid evidence that the elevation of temperature by 1.5 degrees Celsius is safe and within the accepted standards. In reality this temperature is rarely reached.
For causing potential harm it is necessary that the temperature rises to 41 degrees Celsius but this temperature is never reached during pregnancy ultrasound scanning. Acoustic outputs that get produced by the B MODE ultrasound are not as high enough to produce harmful effects.
What are the benefits of ultrasound scans?
- It provides the care provider and the mother with vital medical information. It helps to decide the future course of action.
- It provides a bonding experience for both parents and family members.
- Help parents relief stress if they are worried about certain conditions.
Article Source: http://EzineArticles.com/expert/Cain_Smith/927859